CAWC General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) Statement
The new GDPR came into force on 25th May 2018, making it necessary for all clubs to operate in alignment with the new legislation. The regulations provide three lawful reasons for clubs to collect and process your data:
- Processing data is necessary for legal compliance
- Processing data is necessary for membership administration
- Consent has been given by an individual to the processing of data by opting in to this for specific purposes.
GDPR provides the following basic rights for the data we hold about you, our Chalfont & Amersham Wine Club (CAWC) members;
- The right to be informed – We must tell what data we hold about you and why it’s necessary.
- The right of access – On request, we must let you see the data we hold about you
- The right to rectification – On request, we must put mistakes right
- The right to erasure – On request, we must erase your data, however data erasure may impede managing your membership.
- The right to restrict processing – We must only use your data in so far as it is necessary to fulfil the club’s objectives
The CAWC membership secretary will collect or has already collected the following information from you:
- Your date of birth – We need this as wine consumption is an age restricted activity, and we must be able to prove you are over 18
- Your contact details, including email address, phone number and home address – We need these to inform you about club events
- Attendance records – We track member attendance to better understand which meetings are popular and which members are active participants. We need this because we normally have a waiting list, and reserve the right to offer new membership in place of members who are no longer active.
- Payment details – When members pay meeting fees (or any other fees costs) we must keep accurate records to ensure that the club remains solvent and can continue to serve its members. We will only keep records to the extent that a transaction has been completed, but do not keep details of bank account or credit/debit card numbers.
On the basis that CAWC will only request your personal information in connection with enabling and continuing your membership of the club, your provision of that information can reasonably be interpreted as consent to hold and retain it, unless you specify otherwise.
If there are any questions about this statement, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org